Its always good to do something new, and as a little side task from getting images and GPS coordinates from our geocache spots we actually went and found an existing one to see how easy it was to find one. I think we all agreed that other than the rain that kept pouring down it was quite good fun. I probably wouldn’t do it all the time, but it’s certainly a task that is challenging and interesting trying to find them! The images above show the one we found that was a nano cache. It had a log to fill out within a tiny plastic container. Much smaller that our small lunchbox (but ours will have a disposable camera in).
After finding our first cache we carried on taking images at all of the proposed cache spots. But for our presentation I took the coordinates of the 3 spots we are using for our own caches we will plant in the next few days. They are shown in the images above but the locations are listed below:
Bush by car park on Marlborough St.:
+050.3740 / -004.1793 see map: [link]
By red building wall (will become supermarket):
+050.3713 / -004.1748 see map: [link]
In wall by the column:
+050.3691 / -004.1762 see map: [link]
Images of the other 5 spots will follow...