Once all the games were done I tried to bring it all together embedding the .swf files (of the games) into my navigational flash file. After using numerous online code from various forums and tutorial websites I was unable to get the code to embed the flash files.
Deciding against embedding them in flash I thought about embedding the games in HTML files so it acted like a website.
Using CSS I got an aesthetically pleasing site together with the games on different pages.
Deciding not to totally get rid of my menu screen I just edited the buttons so that they directed the user to the webpages where the games where, so it still took the user to the games, just not in the flash file.
Overall I am pleased at the outcome, but annoyed at the fact that I was unable to embed the flash games into the navigational flash file. But as previous work with Flash has proven there is always going to be one thing that doesn't work, so if I could do it again I would find out a way to get it to work!
But like everything, practise makes perfect...